The Marketing and PR Manager develops and executes social media strategies in support of Rutgers University Foundation (RUF) and Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) strategic priorities, creates and deploys content as part of integrated marketing and communications efforts, and manages social media content development throughout RUF and RUAA. The Manager works constructively and collaboratively with colleagues in communications and throughout RUF, RUAA, and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Description and Duties
The Marketing and PR Manager engages alumni and donors via social media marketing strategies and ensures a quality user experience that inspires pride and involvement with the university. The Manager develops and executes social-media communication strategies and tactics in support of content-marketing efforts, campaign communications, engagement and fundraising campaigns, crisis communications, and event series. In so doing, s/he:
- Manages RUF and RUAA social media strategy and channels.
- Creates, populates, and manages an editorial calendar for RUF and RUAA social channels.
- Establishes workflow for creating, developing, and launching social content.
- Actively participates in communications planning, creative development, and content creation, building relationships with stakeholders across the university.
- Collaboratively integrates compelling messaging strategies into social media.
- Helps pitch concepts to partners and leadership.
- Implements social media engagement efforts designed to grow and engage followership.
- Develops, tracks, and reports metrics, providing data analysis and reporting on digital marketing and PR efforts.
- Monitors trends and evaluates tools, practices, and media for potential use.
- Collaborates with marketing/PR, editorial, visual, and project-management colleagues within the department to ensure outcomes are on brand, on message, and within budget.
- Provides communication support in times of crisis.
- Models and serves as an ambassador for best practice in social media marketing. Develops social media, content marketing, crisis communications, and other marketing/PR guidelines, templates, and training for RUF and RUAA staff to use in their daily activities.
- Provides alumni relations, donor cultivation, and stewardship event coverage on social media and other platforms as appropriate.
- Helps to select vendors.
- Hires, trains, oversees, and evaluates interns.
- Develops marketing and tactical plans for RUAA and RUF events and programs.
- Provides support for digital systems, including web platforms and marketing automation tools.
- Specialization in creating and employing content across a full range of social-media channels
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing multi-channel social-media marketing campaigns
- Successful experience using social-marketing tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Two years of relevant experience in a digital-marketing or communications function, specializing in social media marketing, or equivalent industry/university knowledge and experience
- Computer literacy to include industry standard software
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, communication, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates skill, comprehensive knowledge, and understanding, as appropriate, of digital marketing and communications
- Familiarity with the university, alumni association, foundation, and/or Rutgers University processes, structure, and style guides