Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director of Alumni Events of the Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA), the Alumni House Manager will be responsible for ensuring positive guest experiences for alumni, members, donors, students, and friends who visit and utilize the Rutgers Alumni House (New Brunswick) and take advantage of its services and space. S/he will build positive relationships with internal and external partners and create and manage meaningful opportunities for alumni to utilize the House to strengthen their relationship with the RUAA. S/he will manage the needs of the RUAA regarding supplies and ordering for the space, cover all receptionist duties including phone and email, coordinate reservations for on-site events and external partners, and provide meeting and events assistance within the space.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilities Management: Work directly with University Facilities and the Foundation Administrative Services Coordinator to maintain and supply the Alumni House. This includes coordinating with facilities regarding repairs or necessary services to the space and working with the Foundation Administrative Services Coordinator in all supplies and furniture orderings.
- Reception Duties: Greet and direct all visitors in a professional, friendly and helpful manner, as well as respond to calls on the main phone lines, voice mails, and emails. Maintain the front reception area to ensure it is neat and orderly at all times, and displays appropriate promotional materials.
- Reservation Management: Manage and maintain the booking calendar of all reservations within the Alumni House. Act as point of contact for external partners utilizing the space for reservations and ensure space is prepared for all upcoming reservations based on the needs of partners.
- On-site Events and Events Assistance: Book and coordinate events through the use of event management software, including sending and receiving event contracts and reviewing invoices after events. Coordinate all details of events according to client specifications – including room diagrams, event setup, signage, building availability, parking and audio visual needs. Provide additional events assistance to other RUAA events, as needed.
- Duties: As assigned by the Senior Director
Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organizational management, communications, hospitality, or related field
- Two years full-time professional experience in project/office management and/or event management role. Experience in a customer service, guest relations, or donor relations role; supervising and scheduling staff and/or volunteers; and coordinating events is ideal.
- Proficiency with technology, audio-visual equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation or access to a driver