Provided general operational and administrative support to the Department of Annual Giving
• Performs secretarial support for members of the department such as screening calls and greeting visitors.
• Answers phone calls and helps with requests made by callers.
• Monitors department email responds accordingly.
• Processes incoming mail on a daily basis.
• Oversees staff attendance records and communicates weekly with HR.
• Provides calendar support and meeting scheduling support to annual giving team as needed.
• Assists in keeping files and records for department correspondence.
• Reviews daily telefund reports to respond to comments/concerns and make records updates; download nightly files to drive
* Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook. Access a plus)
* Customer-service oriented (ability to handle upset alumni/donors with grace)
Created in 1973, the Rutgers University Foundation advances Rutgers’ pursuit of excellence in education, research, and public service. The Foundation provides the bridge between donors and the universities, schools, programs, faculty, and students that make up the University. The Foundation helps to match caring people with satisfying and meaningful opportunities to make gifts that have an impact on Rutgers. Founded in 1766, Rutgers is the eighth oldest institution of higher education in the nation. Today, Rutgers-New Brunswick is a member of the Association of American Universities, is New Jersey’s premier public research institution and flagship state university. More than 100 majors offer students vast opportunities. On July 1, 2014, Rutgers University joined The Big Ten Conference of world-class universities whose member institutions share a common mission of research, graduate, professional and undergraduate teaching and public service. The Foundation is a 501© (3) tax-exempt organization with the sole mission of supporting Rutgers University. The organization includes the areas of Alumni Relations, Development and related Communications. Led by Foundation President Nevin E. Kessler and his senior cabinet – the Executive Leadership Group (ELG) – the Foundation successfully completed a $1 billion campaign in 2014 and is preparing for another multi-billion dollar campaign in the near future.
More info on the Foundation can be found on: www.support.rutgers.edu
It is Foundation policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment.