Reporting to the Senior Director of Annual Giving, the Team Administrator provides general operational and administrative support to the department of annual giving. This position handles inquiries and complaints from donors and other constituents, maintains the department budget and financial workflow, and coordinates workflow and resolve issues related to gift processing, pledge/gift entry, donor records, credit cards or other concerns. In addition, this position provides administrative support to the Associate Vice President of Annual Giving and Senior Director of Annual Giving.
- Provides general operational and administrative support to the Department of Annual Giving:
- Help maintain viablity, functionality, and a consistent level of service to the organization and its donor base.
- Performs secretarial support for members of the department such as typing, screening calls, and greeting visitors.
- Maintain file system – both paper and electronic, including correpsondence and archives.
- Answers phone calls and helps with any requests made by callers.
- Monitors the Annual Giving email, and responds timely to requests and concerns.
- Maintains office supplies and breakroom supplies.
- Liasion with Matrix for building maintenance, parking, and new employee orientation.
- Liason with IT/Operation for printer and desktop issues as well as phone
- Oversees staff attandance records and communicates weekly with HR. (example: tacking of staff timebank and production of quarterly reports to senior staff)
- Maintains calendar for AVP of Annual Giving; provides calendar support to annual giving team as needed
- Coordinate logiststics for meetings and events, makes travel arrangements for team as needed
- Oversees work study student schedule and project flow.
- Maintains department budget and oversees related financial workflow:
- Support and contribute to the budget planning process for the unit
- Track PO’s, submit invoices, and maintain line item budget
- Reconcile line item budget with accounting, prepare financial documents, spreadsheets and reports for team as needed.
- Employ sound accounting and budgeting principles that safeguard unit asses, provide efficient and effective flow of financial information, and ensure uniform accounting practices
- Serves as a department liaison to Accounting, Records and HR:
- Processes checks and credit card gifts, produces gift transmittals, and maintains records and process manuals.
- Reviews telefund “next day” files for alumni/donor comments and takes appropriate action to respond and/or code records.
- Coordinates workflow and resolves issues relating to gift processing, pledge/gift entry, donor records, credit cards, pledge reminders and other concerns as they arise.
- Assists with special projects for the Annual Giving Directors as needed
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of office administration and generally accepted accounting principles. Position requires a high level of organization, proactive problem solving skills and the ability to follow through with minimal supervision. Diplomacy and excellent customer service, along with good communication skills and computer literacy to include Microsoft office suite are also necessary.